- Corporate Information
The Dai-ichi Life Research Institute was established in April 1997 with the aim of enhancing the Dai-ichi Life Group's information dissemination, policy recommendation and consulting functions. In October 2002, the Institute merged with the Life Design Institute (established in September 1988), which was previously established to conduct research on daily-life issues (economy, health, education, family, mind, etc.). In April 2009, we merged with Dai-ichi Life Well Life Support (established in April 1998) to strengthen our ability to provide information on health, medical care, and nursing care.
Our field of studies include macroeconomics and finance, insurance and pensions, market trends related to digital transformation (DX), life security, welfare, and population issues, as well as various fields related to life design. As a life insurance think-tank, we take advantage of our long-term perspective to help our clients navigate the turbulent times of VUCA (an acronym for Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity). In these turbulent times, we will strive to disseminate information that will serve as a compass for our customers to move toward coming sustainable society.
In addition, in line with the Dai-ichi Life Group's new vision of "Protect and improve the well-being of all" for the 100-year life span era, we will conduct surveys and research to contribute to the "realization of customer well-being" and the "resolution of social issues".
At the same time as disseminating information on the contents of these surveys and researches, we provide the results of our researches to customer companies in the form of seminars. The need for information and support for lifelong health promotion, asset formation and succession, and career design is increasing year by year among employees. The Institute offers a unique "Life Design Seminar" that combines three life assets: health design, money design, and connections (career design and time design).
We will continue to respond swiftly and accurately to changes in the economic and social environment, and make further efforts to continuously provide our customers with easy-to-understand information and to manage our seminar business in a way to be close to each individual's life design
- Research and analysis of domestic and foreign economic, financial, and cultural issues
- Research and studies of market trends in insurance and pensions and of such subjects as safety nets for individuals (social security and corporate welfare), trends in household finances, and demo graphic issues (low birthrates, aging population)
- Research and studies of life design (health, education, family, mental health, etc.)
- Organizing of lectures and seminars, publication of materials, and information provision services.
- Holding a seminar to improve Quality of Life(Health, Property, Nursing Care, Life Planning).